Healthcare professionals always have an occupied mind. A list of pending tasks is ready at all times. Do you too, as a healthcare professional, find your clothes getting a little tighter, and yet find it difficult to manage your diet?
It must be annoying to refresh your routine in your mind, incorporating a bunch of workouts and healthy foods, and by the end of the day find it as a long-lost dream. It may feel like the time is insufficient and the restaurant to always ready to deliver to your doorstep. And, of course, it tastes better. Unhealthy tastes better.
Let me tell you a fact; if it’s not affecting you today, it will affect you tomorrow. It builds up and surfaces in a worse way. Moreover, unhealthy food has a physical as well as mental impact on you. It might make more sense now that when a doctor takes care of his health, it will help him take better care of his patients.
If you are focused, it would not be very difficult. The right food is all you need. Let’s break down the foods and nutrition you require into future useful tips:
Never underestimate the power of water. Staying healthy demands a good intake of water. It is also essential to help you maintain the functioning of the systems in your body. Proper hydration is a necessity for good health. You must have heard about the “six to eight glasses of water” rule. Follow it. If you are not a fan of plain water, add a slice of lemon or a few mint leaves to your water.
Long working hours often include sitting for several hours in a single place. It can lead to swelling. Drinking a nice amount of water can help get rid of that swelling.
The overly accessible and spreading knowledge about healthy and unhealthy foods has reached almost everybody on this planet. You must be familiar with it by now too. Though processed food is quick and easy to make, you lose all the important nutrients while consuming it. Contrarily, the tougher option will provide you with unlimited Vitamins and Minerals.
Therefore, look for fruits and greens. Go colorful with your meal. Come up with your combination of favorite fruits. On the other days, use vegetables. And if you are bored, mix fruits and vegetables.
The best fruits for you can be:
● Apple [do not get offended by this one ( just kidding)]
If you don’t like to spend several minutes cutting the fruits or vegetables, you can always go for smoothies. Moreover, yogurt and fruits make a powerful combo. In most Arab countries, women and men consume “laban” as their lunch during their work. Laban is a blended mixture of fruit and yogurt. It is usually made with strawberries, mango, and blueberries. So, here’s a good option for you.
Keep in mind not to overdo the sugar. Fruits are a healthier option, BUT they contain sugar. And you know that you have to stay in your seat and look at one patient after the other. You do not want that sugar to be stored in your body and turn you into a muffin top.
Grains give you the strength to work through the day. They are a great source of carbohydrates, and carbohydrates give you energy. Try to keep a small portion of boiled rice in your diet. You can sauté them with vegetables and a little quantity of sauce to give them a flavor.
Let’s talk about the king of grains; Oats. Oat is the most powerful of all grains. It provides numerous benefits to your body and is widely used for weight loss. Oats seem a bit boring to some people, mostly to those who are spice lovers. But, you can always spice up your oats too.
Two tasty options:
● Cook oats with milk, water, and a low-fat sweetener. When it reaches a good consistency, transfer it to a bowl and add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Take it to your work and enjoy.
● Not a fan of sweet oats? Saute your oats with vegetables, and add spices of your choice. Add a little water to allow them to cook properly. Finish the dish with a garnish of coriander leaves. Full of nutrition and a perfect selection for your routine.
Dinner concludes the efforts of your day. After you have spent your day being careful about your diet, try to do your best in your dinner too. Your day must be hectic with constant chaos around you, but I will try to make the end of it simpler with this tip. Try to consume lentil soup for your dinner. You can store the stock for the week and save your time and energy for the rest of the days.
Keep stress away. It can be tough to not stress over work. However, try to dial down your sources of stress. Divide your workload by outsourcing medical billing and coding company. You will automatically eliminate a component of your work and will be happy with the effectiveness it brings to your practice. Do not worry about your diet and workout to the extent that it begins to affect your mental peace.
Staying fit and healthy in work life is not the hardest thing. Organize yourself and follow a nice diet, that will do 70% work for you. The rest 30% is easy.